Seems like everywhere we turn these days both men and women are on a quest to turn back the hands of time. We yearn for the days of our youth when a “5-minute, get ready for the day routine” is effortless. We look in the mirror and wonder how those fine little lines snuck in overnight? Perhaps the more important question is why? Well the good news is that those fine lines come from years of life experiences that make up the very person whose reflection smiles back from the mirror. The better news? That is what life is all about. That person in the mirror, she smiles because she “knows some things” – she’s enlightened and doesn’t take that for granted.
As we age it seems we become more aware of who we are, what makes us happy and how we want to spend our time. Being in tune with one’s self, which could be defined as one’s essential being that distinguishes them from others, is all important and listening to that tiny voice inside about self-care becomes a little more defined, vocal – louder. When we listen closely and follow through – that’s how self-confidence is born.
Here are some things your body may be telling you:
- Eat lots of fruits & veggies
- Consume healthy proteins
- Choose whole grains over processed, bleached flour
- Add some low-fat dairy and healthy fats to your diet, such as avocado, olive oil, salmon.
- Don’t forget to include foods rich in fiber and antioxidants such as lentils, beans, bananas and blueberries
- Drink lots of water! Try to drink at least the number of your weight in ounces, i.e., if you weigh 120 pounds, drink 120 ounces of water each day. It’s cleansing and does a body good – more than you know!
Take care of yourself from the inside out – you’ll look and feel better. If you’re interested in improving your appearance (those wrinkles we talked about earlier), we offer an array of non-invasive micro dermal fillers and Botox treatment.